Are you looking for a Kindle to buy? We have found the 5 best Kindles with awesome features for you to buy in 2023 with a tight budget.
In today’s digital age, e-readers have revolutionized the way we enjoy books. E-readers or to be more precise, Kindles have actually made reading more accessible and convenient than ever before.
If you are considering purchasing a Kindle in 2023, this comprehensive guide will help you navigate through the top 5 best Kindles available on your tight budget.
5 Best Kindles to Buy in 2023
After in-depth research, we have come up with these 5 best-performing Kindles that you can easily buy without breaking the bank.
Provided the extraordinary features, these Kindles are no less than any other costly Kindle available in the market in terms of performance.
1. Kindle Basic (2022 Release)
The Kindle Basic (2022 release) is Amazon’s best entry-level E-reader with the lowest price of around $80. It is a lightweight and compact e-reader that lets you enjoy your favorite books anytime, anywhere.
Kindle Basic is available in two colors; black and blue. What makes the Black Kindle special is the fact that Kindle Basic is made with 75 percent recycled plastic. Whereas the recycled portion of the blue model is 30 percent.
Like other expensive Kindles available on Amazon, Kindle Basic has got a 300-pixel-per-inch screen, also called a retina display, making the text very easy to read.
It has a 6-inch high-resolution display that mimics the look of paper and reduces eye strain. You can adjust the brightness and switch to dark mode to suit your reading preferences.
With 16 GB of storage, you can store thousands of books and access millions more with Kindle Unlimited.
Moreover, this Kindle also has Bluetooth that enables you to connect to speakers or headphones, etc for listening to audible audiobooks.
The Kindle also has a long-lasting battery that can last up to 6 weeks on a single charge. Plus, it is made with recycled materials and has recyclable packaging, making it an eco-friendly choice.
- 6” 300 ppi high-resolution display
- Adjustable front light and dark mode
- 16 GB storage capacity
- USB-C charging port
- Up to 6 weeks of battery life
- Lockscreen ad-supported or ad-free options
Reasons to Avoid
- Color Temperature Adjustable Front Light is Missing. (It is not really a must-have feature)
- It feels a bit cheaper on holding in hands in comparison to other Kindles available.
You can buy “Kindle Basic (2022 Release)” from AMAZON
2. Kindle Paperwhite (8GB/16GB)
Kindle Paperwhite is the best all-rounder and you got the most for your money in the e-reader.
It has a warm color option which was missing in the Kindle Basic Model. This is the most important addition to this model as it provides reading comfort to the readers.
Moreover, Kindle Paperwhite has a larger screen compared to the Basic version. It has a screen size of 6.8 inches which offers more space. So, you can read more without scrolling or turning the pages often.
Kindle Paperwhite also has an optional subtle patreon animation which gives the feeling of reading a real book.
Apart, the screen is flush with the bezel which gives the Paperwhite version a more modern and premium feel.
However, in terms of usability, there is no big difference in the reading experience in comparison to the Basic Kindle model.
In terms of battery life, Paperwhite is better than the Basic Kindle. It has a battery life of 10 weeks with one charge.
One of the most important features of this model is waterproofing. The Kindle Paperwhite is ipx8 water-resistant.
The Kindle Paperwhite can cost you up to $150.
|Display||6.8” glare-free Paperwhite display with 300 ppi resolution and adjustable warm light|
|Battery Life||Up to 10 weeks on a single charge via USB-C|
|Waterproof||IPX8 rated to protect against accidental immersion in water|
|Storage||8 GB or 16 GB|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + Free Cellular Connectivity|
|Dimensions||6.7” x 4.6” x 0.3” (169 mm x 116 mm x 8.2 mm)|
|Weight||Wi-Fi: 7.6 oz (215 g) Wi-Fi + Free Cellular Connectivity: 7.9 oz (224 g)|
You can buy “Kindle Paperwhite (8GB)” from Amazon
3. Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition is an upgraded version of Kindle Paperwhite. Primarily it has three major upgrades.
- Storage is increased from 8 and 16 Gb to 32 GB.
- It has automatic brightness adjustment – a feature that was missing in Kindle Paperwhite. The upgraded edition has a light sensor that automatically adjusts brightness levels.
- The Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition has a wireless charging feature. Simply put the Kindle in its dock after using and it will be charged automatically.
|Screen Size||6.8-inch glare-free E-ink display with 300 ppi pixel density|
|Storage Capacity||32 GB and free cloud storage for all Amazon content|
|Front Light||Warm light and auto-adjusting front light|
|Charging||USB-C port and Wireless Charging Support|
|Battery Life||Up to 10 weeks on a single charge|
|Waterproofing||IPX8 rated to protect against accidental immersion in water|
Reasons to Avoid
- In comparison to Kindle Paperwhite, you need to pay 30 USD extra for the e-reader and 50 USD extra to get a wireless charger.
- The three added features in Signature Edition may not significantly enhance the users’ experience but it costs extra.
You can buy “Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition” from Amazon
4. Kindle Oasis
Kindle Oasis is from the 10th Generations kindles and the particular model was primarily built in 2019. It is available in two different colors; graphite and gold.
In terms of its key features, Kindle Oasis is not any better than Kindle Paperwhite.
Kindle Oasis screen is slightly larger than the Paperwhite which is a 6.8-inch display. However, this difference in screen size is hard to notice.
Kindle Oasis also has a color temperature adjustment feature. Similarly, Kindle Oasis is also waterproof.
Like Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition, Kindle Oasis also has light sensors.
|Display||7-inch, 300 ppi Paperwhite display with e-ink technology|
|Light||Adjustable warm light and adaptive front light|
|Waterproof||IPX8 rated to withstand immersion in up to 2 meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes and 0.25 meters for 3 minutes in seawater|
|Audible||Works with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to switch between reading and listening|
|Battery Life||Up to six weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 13|
|Storage||8 GB or 32 GB|
|Size||159 x 141 x 3.4-8.3 mm|
Reasons to Buy
- The added features that make Kindle Oasis better than Paperwhite are the physical page-turn buttons and its design that enables you to hold the Kindle more conveniently.
- The Aluminium Frame of the Kindle Oasis also feels much better and higher quality.
- The screen is more scratch-resistant than other Kindles.
- Kindle Oasis also provides you the 4G connectivity.
- You can browse Kindle Store, and purchase and download ebooks without being connected to Wi-Fi.
Reasons to Avoid
- All those features on Kindle Oasis that make reading easy and comfortable are also available on much cheaper Paperwhite.
- Kindle Oasis costs $250 which is almost double of Paperwhite.
- It has an out-of-date Nike USB connector. So, finding the USB cable can be inconvenient as the whole electronic market is moving to USBC now.
- The battery life of Kindle Oasis is also shorter than Paperwhite. However, it is not too short either.
You can buy “Kindle Oasis” from Amazon
5. Kindle Scribe
Kindle Scribe is the most advanced and expensive option because it comes with unique features.
It has a hand-written note-taking feature. It comes with support for a stylus for its note-taking capabilities. Moreover, the very low latency makes the notes-taking process on Kindle Scribe very smooth. Writing on the screen feels like writing on paper.
Moreover, we get a 10.2-inch display screen with a high pixel density of 300 PPI (pixel density is the same as of the other Kindles).
Kindle Scribe also has built-in front-light and color temperature adjustment. Likewise, it has light sensors that adjust screen brightness automatically (provided this option is enabled).
- 10.2” 300 ppi glare-free Paperwhite display
- Includes either a Basic or Premium Pen for writing and drawing
- Supports handwritten sticky notes in millions of eBooks and documents
- Includes templates for notebooks, journals, and lists
- Adjustable warm light and auto-adjusting front light
- USB-C charging and long battery life
- 64 GB storage capacity
- Compatible with Kindle Scribe Folio Cover
- Made with recycled materials and 100% recyclable packaging
Reasons to Buy
- Reading on a large screen is a joy.
- Long battery life -3000 MA capacity
- One of the cheapest 10-inch e-readers available in the market.
Reasons to Avoid
- Kindle Scribe is not water-resistant (no waterproofing).
- Given its larger screen, portability might be a problem.
You can buy “Kindle Scribe” from Amazon