Twitter has restarted the account verification (Blue Badge) process. It has started accepting applications/submissions for account verification from everyone. Hence, individuals from certain specific categories can get their Twitter accounts verified with blue-tick now.
Let’s learn quickly how we can apply for Twitter account verification on mobile and get a blue badge/tick.
Steps to Apply for Twitter Account Verification
- Go to the Settings and privacy option in your Twitter account.
- In the next windows, go to Account.
- Click on Verification Request option provided your Twitter account is not already verified.
- In the next window, click Start request.
- Now, check the eligibility criteria. Certain categories will be displayed in the next window. Ensure that you belong to one of the six eligible categories.
These six categories are:
- Activist, organizer, or influencer
- Company, brand, or organization
- Entertainers and entertainment groups
- Government official or affiliate
- Journalist or news organization
- Professional sports or e-sports entity
- If you belong to any of these, you will then be required to provide all details such as government-issued ID, official email address, an official website link, among other details (as asked).
- Once the application is submitted, you will receive an emailed response from Twitter, possibly in the next few days or so.
Stay tuned to our News Desk for the latest updates.