Twitter has restarted the account verification (Blue Badge) process. It has started accepting applications/submissions for account verification from everyone. Hence, individuals from certain specific categories can get their Twitter accounts verified with blue-tick now.
Let’s learn quickly how we can apply for Twitter account verification on mobile and get a blue badge/tick.
Steps to Apply for Twitter Account Verification
- Go to the Settings and privacy option in your Twitter account.
- In the next windows, go to Account.
- Click on Verification Request option provided your Twitter account is not already verified.
- In the next window, click Start request.
- Now, check the eligibility criteria. Certain categories will be displayed in the next window. Ensure that you belong to one of the six eligible categories.
These six categories are:
- Activist, organizer, or influencer
- Company, brand, or organization
- Entertainers and entertainment groups
- Government official or affiliate
- Journalists or news organizations
- Professional sports or e-sports entity
- If you belong to any of these, you will then be required to provide all details such as a government-issued ID, official email address, and an official website link, among other details (as asked).
- Once the application is submitted, you will receive an emailed response from Twitter, possibly in the next few days or so.