[pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is a common error that usually occurs while sending or receiving an email using Microsoft Outlook. With this message popping up, we are unable to send or receive emails.
These are almost frequently occurring errors and most of the users remained unsuccessful in resolving them.
However, after in-depth research and learning, we have come up with some proven ways to fix these errors.
Before that, let us learn why these errors occur in the first place.
Reasons for [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error
There is no single reason for this error. However, usually, the following are the most common reasons for [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] popping up.
The most likely reason is the connection failure to the mail server via SSL. Possibly, your SSL encryption is disabled for the email account.
Mainly, the SMTP server provides two types of encryptions for sending or receiving mail, i.e. SSL and TLS. The particular error might be occurring because of the problem in connection with any of the encryption. (We will show you how to fix it later)
Other possible reasons for the error are:
- PST Files might be corrupted.
- Duplicate accounts in MS Outlook might be causing errors.
- Problem with cookies and cache
- Older version of Microsoft Outlook
7 Proven Ways to Fix [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error
We are going to discuss multiple methods one by one. Among these, one method will definitely help resolve the issue.
The following seven methods have proven to be helpful in resolving the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] issue.
- Clearing Cache and Cookies
- Reconfiguration of SMTP and POP server settings
- Repairing PST documents using SCANPST.exe
- Checking and Deletion of Duplicate account
- Repairing Microsoft Office Software from Control Panel
- Updating Microsoft Outlook
- Reinstalling Microsoft Outlook
We will start right off with the simplest way first.
1) Fixing the error by clearing Cache and Cookies
Start off by clearing all cache, cookies, and history from the browser. Though chances are bleak, it might turn out to be the real fix.
Anyhow, if this method does not work, try out the following ways to fix the error.
2) Reconfigure the SMTP and POP server settings
One way of fixing the error is reconfiguring SMTP and POP server settings in the MS Outlook program. Now, you might be using MS Outlook 2016, 2010, or 2007. For each of these versions, we will show simple steps to configure the required settings.
Fixing Error For MS Outlook 2016
If you are facing an error in MS Outlook 2016, you might be able to do away with it by following the below steps:
- Open MS Outlook 2016 in your setup.
- Select the File menu located in the top left corner.
- Go to Information >> Account Settings >> Manage Profiles.
- Go to the Mail Settings box and click the Email Accounts tab.
- Now, double-tap on your email account.
- Go to the More Settings Options.
- Check whether the outgoing server is configured and whether the “My SMTP Server requires authentication” checkbox is selected.
- Then, go to the Advanced tab and find the IMAP and SMTP Server Port Number settings.
- The port numbers must be, IMAP: 993 | SMTP: 465
- Also, verify that the encryption connection is set to SSL/TLS.
- Then, click ok.
With this method, you can resolve the errors by reconfiguring the SMTP and POP Server settings in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
For Microsoft Outlook 2010
If you are facing the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error in MS Outlook 2010, then follow these steps to resolve it by configuring the SMTP server.
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to File >> Info >> Account Settings.
- Double-click your email account >> click More Settings.
- In the Advanced Section, check IMAP and SMTP port settings.
- The Port numbers should be, IMAP: 993 | SMTP: 587
- Also, verify that the encrypted server connection is set to SSL/TLS.
- Click Ok.
We hope this will fix the error.
For Microsoft Outlook 2007
To fix this error in MS Outlook 2007, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Set the category view to Large icons.
- Open Mail >> Click the Email Accounts option
- Select your email account and click the Change button.
- Go to the More Settings option.
- In the Advanced menu, make sure that the incoming and outgoing servers are configured as IMAP: 993 | SMTP: 465.
- Moreover, also make sure that the encrypted connection is set to SSL.
- Click Ok to save the settings.
If the above-mentioned methods do not fix the error in Microsoft Outlook; try other methods as discussed below.
3) Fixing the Error by Repairing PST files through SCANPST.exe
Microsoft Outlook has provided SCANPST.exe to repair damaged PST files. SCANPST.exe is Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool. By using this repairing tool, we can fix or remove corrupted PST files.
Follow these simple steps to fix the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error with SCANPST.exe:
- Open My Computer and follow this path to reach and open ‘Office14’: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14
- In Office14, find and open SCANPST.exe
- Now you will browse the PST file and click Start to repair it.
Now, how to browse for PST File? Another issue, isn’t it? Well, it’s quite simple.
Before opening SCANPST.exe in the Office14 folder, make sure you make all the hidden files visible.
For that, go to Organize in the top left corner.
From the drop-down list, select Folder and search options. Click View from the top bar. Check Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Now open SCANPST.exe. Click Browse.
- Follow this path now: Computer >> Local Disk © >> Users >> Your PC Name >> AppData (hidden file that appears by making them visible as directed above) >> Local >> Microsoft >> Outlook >> Outllook.pst
- Select Outlook.pst and click Start to start scanning it. The tool will scan it for errors. If it finds the errors, it will give you the option for repair.
- Make sure you make a backup by checking the box before you start repairing.
Once the repair is complete, check your Outlook program to see whether it is still showing the error.
We hope the error is fixed now. If still, the issue persists, try the following methods then.
4) Check and Delete the Dual/Duplicate Account
MS Outlook configured with duplicate accounts might be the reason for the popping-up [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. To fix it, delete the duplicate account by following these simple steps.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Account Setting button. From the drop-down menu, select Account Settings.
- Now, you can select the duplicate email account that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Ok on the confirmation dialogue box.
We hope, the problem is fixed now. If it still persists, follow the other methods below.
5) Resolving the Issue by Repairing MS Office Program from the Control Panel
The error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] can be fixed simply by repairing MS Office from the control panel.
Follow these simple steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Find and select Microsoft Office in the list and right-click on it. Click Change. Select Repair from the options and click Continue.
Follow the instructions to repair the program. Once done, reboot the system and check MS Outlook. Is it working fine now? I hope so. If not, follow other simple methods.
6) Updating Microsoft Outlook Program will help fix the issue
Almost every month, Microsoft releases updates for the program. Many problems get resolved with updates. If you are using an older version, this might be the potential reason for the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. This is because of the parameters mismatch due to older vs new versions.
So, in order to update MS Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the Files option in the upper left corner.
- From the menu, select My Account.
- Simply, click the Product Information and select the Update option.
- After you are done with the update, your problem is gone!
What? Are you still facing the problem? Gosh! Try the last method.
7) Fixing [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error by Reinstalling Microsoft Office Program
You can simply uninstall the existing MS Office program from your computer. Install a fresh copy of Microsoft Office and configure it again.
We fervently hope you would not be required to follow the “uninstalling and reinstalling” method. Though that is the last resort one can utilize in fixing the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] bug.
Lastly, we wish you Good Luck in this bug-hunting adventure!!
→ Visit for more Tech related Posts
Leave a Comment