In Pakistan, getting a marriage registration certificate is essential as it is a legal document that provides proof of marriage. A Marriage Registration Certificate is required for various purposes such as applying for a passport, changing your name, or claiming benefits. In this write-up, we will discuss how to get a marriage registration certificate in Pakistan. Moreover, we shall also share some tips to make the process smoother.
Documents Required To Get A Marriage Registration Certificate
The following documents are required to apply for MRC in Pakistan. Make sure to arrange these documents before you apply for MRC.
- A copy of the Nikahnama, which is the marriage certificate issued by the Nikah Registrar at the time of the wedding.
- Copies of the CNICs (Computerized National Identity Cards) or Passports of both the bride and the groom.
- Four passport-size photographs of both the bride and the groom.
- An affidavit stating the date of birth, marital status, and nationality of both the bride and the groom.
- A receipt of the fee paid for the registration process.
Once you have acquired all the requisite documents, you can apply for Marriage Registration Certificate by following the following Steps.
Visit the Union Council Office
The next step is to visit the Union Council Office in the area where the marriage was performed.
You will need to fill out an application form and submit the required documents.
Once the application and documents are verified, the Union Council will issue a marriage registration certificate.
Make sure to enter the details on the application form as per the details in your Nikah Nama. Carefully proofread all the details before submitting the application form.
Additionally, it is important to follow up with the Union Council to ensure that the registration process is complete.
In some cases, the Union Council may ask for additional documents or information.
It’s important to respond promptly to any requests to avoid delays in the registration process.
Tips to Make the Process Smoother
You can make the entire process of getting MRC smoother and easier by following these tips.
- Start the process early to avoid last-minute hassles. It’s recommended to register the marriage within 15 days of the wedding.
- Ensure that all the documents are in order and up-to-date.
- Double-check the spelling and accuracy of the information provided in the application form and documents.
- Keep copies of all the documents for your records.
- Be polite and respectful to the Union Council staff. A positive attitude can go a long way in making the process smoother.
In conclusion, getting a marriage registration certificate in Pakistan is a straightforward process as long as you have all the required documents and follow the necessary steps.
By following the steps outlined above and keeping in mind the tips, you can make the process smoother and ensure that your marriage is registered legally.